Richards, Layton & Finger, Delawares largest law firm, is seeking a Director of Marketing & Business Development.
Primary responsibilities include increasing the productivity and efficiency of attorney time spent on marketing and business development by analyzing sources and potential sources of business; building a more meaningful brand; involving lawyers in the business development process; attaining more collaboration among practice groups; and measuring the success of the business development program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the firms marketing efforts through strategic planning and implementation, at the direction of the Business Development and Marketing Committee; oversee and manage the firms marketing team.
- Develop and implement individual and practice group marketing plans.
- Work daily with directors of the Firm, maintaining a high level of visibility and availability.
- Identify new sources of potential business.
- Plan and administer the marketing budget, tracking spending and ROI.
- Provide business development coaching and training to attorneys, in coordination with the manager of associate professional development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of strategic vision and business development success in a law firm setting.
- The position requires a college degree and at least five years of experience in professional services marketing. JD or MBA a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have proven ability to work with a marketing team, strong leadership skills and be technologically proficient.
Contact: To apply for the position, please submit via mail or e-mail your cover letter, writing sample and resume with salary history & requirements. E-mail: email@example.com, or Mail: Richards, Layton & Finger, c/o Director of HR, PO Box 551, Wilmington, DE 19899