Lancaster General Health, a not-for-profit healthcare network including Lancaster General Hospital and more than two dozen healthcare providers in south central Pennsylvania, seeks an experienced Public Relations Manager.
The right candidate is a talented and energetic individual with experience in building media exposure with measurable results and an overall zeal for PR innovation. Strong writing skills and the ability to multi-task are essential. Healthcare experience and social media knowledge is a plus.
You must have at least three years of professional agency or corporate experience. Bachelors degree in public relations, journalism, or English required.
LG Health is a not-for-profit health system located in Lancaster County, PA, home to 500,000 people. The keystone of the system is Lancaster General Hospital, a 600-bed acute-care facility recognized among Americas 100 Top Hospital 10 out of the last 12 years. Also included in the system are Lancaster General Health Women & Babies Hospital, an outpatient Suburban Campus, several smaller health centers, the Visiting Nurses Association, and multiple physician practices. The Lancaster General Health system is the countys largest employer.
- Proven media relations successes
- Strong writing skills
- Social media experience
- Excellent interpersonal communications
- Time management, organization and ability to follow through with some supervision
- Mature, professional attitude and appearance
- Develops and executes public relations strategies that support the strategic and business goals of LG Health and its various entities.
- Leads LG Healths media relations efforts, from serving as a primary media spokesperson to measuring media value and developing strategic media plans.
- Oversees production of electronic and written communications which promote LG Healths mission and community benefit efforts to external audiences.
- Writes articles and news releases and/or coordinates writing assignments and projects with public relations agencies and freelance writers as necessary. Proofreads and edits written materials.
- Manages LG Healths two PR/Communications Coordinators on a daily basis, conducts their annual performance reviews and coordinates staff career development.
Contact: Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements and three public relations writing samples (news releases, feature stories, media alerts, etc.) via email to John Lines, Director of Public Relations & Corporate Communications, at jplines@LancasterGeneral.org