Our client is a fast growing nation-wide corporation with annual revenues of about $300 million that is a leading designer and manufacturer of communication towers and tubular structures used in the telecommunications and power delivery industries, and a full line of concrete, structural steel, and ultra-light aluminum shelters. Plans for extensive growth both internally and through acquisition makes this a
unique and exciting opportunity. As part of this growth, our client is looking to hire someone in this newly created position to help achieve improved business results, champion continuous improvement, and aggressively influence the development and growth of the organization.
THE POSITION: Reporting to the CFO, the Director Public Relations develops and maintains positive working relations and communications between the Company and its shareholders, the investing public and other members of the financial community including financial analysts and institutional investors to increase the value and marketability of the company stock. The Director Public Relations:
- - Develops a PR program for approval by senior management and administers such activities throughout the Corporation. He/she coordinates all company PR programs by keeping those concerned informed and by providing necessary guidance and assistance.
- - Directs the preparation and release of publicity in accordance with established policies and maintains sound relations with the press, national magazines, radio, television and other media. He/she makes arrangements for interviews between company executives and press, radio and television representatives.
- - Reviews and approves, from the public relations point of view, all public statements and speeches, radio and television scripts and articles prepared by employees or PR counsel on behalf of the company; advises on material in conflict with public relations policy, and suggests necessary changes.
- - Reviews and approves, from the PR point of view, all company advertising and sales promotion programs in cooperation with the Director Corporate Marketing. Also coordinates with Marketing on the preparation of institutional advertising copy designed for promotion of the Company name and goodwill.
- - Drafts, in consultation with others, annual and quarterly reports to stockholders, quarterly dividend enclosures, financial and special corporate advertising, and other stockholder material; co-ordinates printing and distribution of these materials.
REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will be an experienced PR professional with an undergraduate degree in communications or public relations. Skills and experience requirements include:
- - Minimum of 10 years experience in PR with at least 4 years as a PR executive for a mid-sized public manufacturing company. Knowledge of PR issues within a company that develops and manufactures engineered products. Some knowledge of SEC related regulations as they pertain to public companies. Knowledge of shareholder relations issues, handling all aspects of public relations in a public corporation.
- - Senior level PR experience in a growth-oriented, fast paced business setting strategic goals, managing overall budget and deliverables of the department.
- - Strong leadership and effective interpersonal skills. Action oriented with a bias for results.
- - Worked in a matrix, multi-division, or geographically dispersed organization.
- - Takes initiative, develops and implements creative and effective solutions to key challenges.
- - Thinks outside the box to solve problems. Effective negotiation skills.
- - Possesses a high energy level and enthusiasm with the ability to focus on agreed recommendations and results.
Competitive compensation and benefits package is being offered.
THE LOCATION: The position is located in the North Wales, PA area. Some travel is required to interface with division personnel at other company locations and meet outside vendors.