Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. With headquarters in the Philadelphia region, the operating companies of Lincoln Financial Group had $170 billion in consolidated assets under management as of March 31, 2012. Through its affiliated companies, Lincoln Financial Group offers: annuities; life, group life and disability insurance; 401(k) and 403(b) plans; savings plans; and comprehensive financial planning and advisory services.
Lincoln Financial Group was ranked 235 on the 2011 Fortune 500 Company list and had annual consolidated revenues of over $10 billion in 2011.
Lincoln Financial Group has been serving the financial needs of customers since 1905. Its goal is to provide comprehensive financial solutions that help customers secure their retirement and manage life transitions. For financial professionals, Lincoln Financial is the partner of choice, offering innovative, industry-leading products and educational resources to help build customers book of business. For additional information go to www.lfg.com.
Director, Corporate External Communications, contributes to the enterprise’s organizational strategies, policies, priorities and goals by supporting all aspects of external strategic communications planning and programs. S/He collaborates closely across the enterprise to achieve business goals and enhance the brand and reputation of the enterprise, and brings additional perspective to decision-making by tracking industry trends and issues and analyzing partner, client, investor, and employee perceptions of the company. S/He is responsible for supporting the external communications programs that are closely aligned with the short and long-term strategic and financial objectives of Lincoln Financial Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the overall strategic vision for the External Communications functional area, and contribute to the overall strategic vision for Lincoln Financial Group through the development and execution of strategic communications and programs.
• Collaborate across the organization to help External Communications achieve its organizational goals and objectives aligned with the integrated communications plans and Lincoln Financial Group’s (LFG) overall business plans and specific strategic and tactical initiatives to drive business results and protect and enhance the brand and reputation of the company.
• Support external communications activities across all touch-points and ensure integration across all of those touch-points.
• Support press and media relations activities that appropriately positions Lincoln in national mainstream and financial print, broadcast, electronic media, and social media.
• Support corporate communications activities aligned to the company’s social media campaign. Responsibilities include monitoring social media networks, developing elements of the strategy, crafting proactive and reactive messages, and partner across the organization as a member of the social media team.
• Systematically cultivate media contacts and relationships and through the use of appropriate technologies, materials and spokespersons in order to ensure timely and accurate delivery of messages.
• Support the development of external communiqués (memos, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, video scripts and other written communications and collateral materials that support the enterprise’s Corporate marketing and business development efforts), analyzing the need for and consulting on preparation of information for a range of audiences.
• Support executive communications programs – including speechwriting and presentation development for executive team, including the CEO, CFO, General Counsel and other executive leadership.
• Study and influence partner, client, investor, and employee perceptions of the company.
• Support all relevant agency and vendor relationships and monitor their results.
• Support and manage effective crisis communications policies and procedures, consult on all incidents and events, and participate in managing through crises and crisis aftermath as needed.
• Support the effective implementation, integration, and execution of External Communications tactical plans and programs.
• Meet all objectives pertaining to quality, compliance, regulations, productivity, customer service, budget, and project management.
• Support the coordination of communication campaigns with the Marketing Leadership team and the lines of business management teams.
• Help track industry trends, issues, and news.
• Support the establishment of benchmarks and performance metrics to track communication effectiveness progress, while maintaining constant focus on bottom-line impact.
• A Bachelor’s degree plus minimum with 10+ years of progressive responsibility in corporate communications, journalism, marketing, marketing communications, product marketing, and/or public relations roles.
• Understanding of the financial services or insurance industries desirable. Ability to understand Lincoln Financial Group’s internal and external customers and address their needs.
• Experience in supporting and developing strategic initiatives and plans, which have benefited a company’s top and bottom lines.
• Demonstrated track record of setting a strategy, gaining buy in, and then leading major initiatives to deliver short, immediate and long-range objectives.
• Ability to understand the fundamental drivers of the business and the industry at a customer as well as operational level, anticipating change and seeing competitive opportunities in an evolving and growing marketplace.
• Experience as a “thought leader” with respect to customer experience.
• Anticipates future trends and their impact on both the business segment and the enterprise; develops and executes on solutions or, in certain cases, minimize negative exposure.
Lincoln Financial Group\