Health Partners has an opening for a communications specialist. This is a three-year position made possible through the federally-sponsored Health Care Innovation Grant awarded to Finity Communications. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing, communications, writing, editing, project management, and digital media. Experience in health care, multicultural communications and/or working in a highly regulated industry would also be really helpful. Strong organizational and people/management skills, as well as the ability to juggle, handle change and work with multiple partners, are essential.
Health Partners is a great and GROWING company, with a strong social, public health mission, and was recently designated as the 3rd best large company to work for in the area.
Communications Specialist: Working under general direction from the supervisor, communications and public affairs, the communications specialist will provide key support functions for the federally-sponsored Health Care Innovation Grant wellness and disease management programs, which will be implemented to Health Partners’ Medicaid and CHIP beneficiaries during a three-year period from July 2012 to June 2015. The communications specialist will be the lead liaison between Health Partners and its partner organizations for the Innovation Grant (i.e., Finity Communications, SCIOinspire, and Duke Integrative Medicine).
KEY REQUIREMENTS – REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Communications, Journalism, Business, or Public Health.
- Minimum of four years of experience in communications (preferably health care-related); management of health-related or web communications projects; marketing, advertising, technology, or healthcare industries.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong project coordination skills with a demonstrated ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and possess strong documentation skills.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
KEY REQUIREMENTS – PREFERRED:
- Experience creating timelines with MS Project
- Familiarity with mobile apps
- Knowledge of managed care, including Medical Assistance and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Proficiency in Spanish language a plus
- Coordinate and lead all internal and external communication needs to include all aspects of the Innovation Grant project with our Innovation Grant partners and appropriate departments.
- Serve as internal liaison for all projects and initiatives related to the Innovation Grant project.
- Schedule and attend regular meetings and conference calls.
- Maintain minutes of all meetings and conference calls, both internally and with our Innovation Grant partners.
- Create internal timelines and review and coordinate with internal and external project partners
- Provide regular status and progress reports on the grant project.
- Track and report all grant-related expenses incurred by Health Partners.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and reporting of the grant project.
- Assist with writing, editing, approval and distribution of participant communications.
- Oversee all external and internal approvals of materials and programs, including submissions to GRC and Legal for regulatory review.
- Facilitate the marketing and communications development and distribution process.
- Work with partners to ensure the quality and timeline delivery of participant communications.
- Compile, update, and maintain Health Partners’ tracking and reporting requirements.
- Assist with technology reviews of participant communications, including Web and mobile apps.
- Provide other editorial, marketing, communications, and project coordination support as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
Contact: Interested candidates should apply at www.healthpart.com