The Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is seeking a public relations intern to participate in PR initiatives to facilitate the promotion of the 2012/13 season. The PR intern will work closely with all members of the Annenberg Centers marketing/communications team and interact with all departments across the organization. This position is part-time and unpaid. Internship has potential to span more than one semester.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and clip press coverage
- Conduct research on upcoming presentations
- Write press releases and other public relations materials, including calendar listings, media alerts, marketing copy, etc.
- Manage season listings
- Maintain media database
- Assist marketing team with promotional outreach initiatives
- Assist with night-of-show department initiatives as needed
- Provide general administrative support to marketing department
- Other projects as assigned
Strong writing skills a must. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required. Ability to work independently. Excellent communication, time management and analytic skills. Major in public relations, marketing, journalism or related field required. Previous PR experience preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office software required. Interest in performing arts preferred. Outgoing personality/customer service experience preferred. Ability to work in a team setting required. Professional decorum required. Ability to perform some weekend and evening work as necessary.
Contact: Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Sarah Fergus at email@example.com. No phone calls please.