Schnader is seeking a Communications and Proposal Manager
- Collaborate with and support attorneys, Marketing Department staff and other professional staff to help drive the Firms marketing and business development efforts by developing and producing clear, effective and persuasive customized proposals, pitches and responses to RFPs, and improved/updated marketing collateral, including online content. Edit content and contributors content, into cohesive documents with a clear, single voice, and submit proposals, pitches and RFP responses in a timely manner.
- Review research about clients and prospective clients needs in order to create responsive, persuasive proposals, pitches and RFP responses.
- Ensure Schnader brand and messaging is consistent throughout all proposals, pitches, RFP responses and marketing collateral, including on line content.
- Assist in populating, organizing and maintaining proposal content and representative matters databases.
- Ascertain and/or work with others to ascertain the reasons for RFP wins and losses, debrief results with attorneys and appropriate members of the Marketing Department, assess the results and gather competitive intelligence with the goal of increasing success rates. Maintain and track win/loss data on proposals, pitches and RFP responses.
- Other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate must possess exceptional research, organizational, analytical, project and time management, and communication skills, including writing, editing and proofreading, with superior attention to detail, ensuring a superior, quality product. Must have a highly professional demeanor, be a team player, have proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, build relationships and interact successfully with a wide range of people at all levels in order to collect information needed for proposals, pitches responses to RFPs and marketing collateral. Must have discretion and diplomacy and the ability to use professional judgment to deal with sensitive matters. Must be self motivated, deadline oriented and possess superior multi-tasking skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks and track projects. The ideal candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic attitude, be a hard worker, a strategic thinker, be results-oriented and have a strong client focus (both interna
Additional requirements include: Minimum of five years of law firm writing, including experience with writing content for proposals, RFP responses, customized pitches, marketing collateral, including website content and social media content. Must be able to occasionally work off-hours and have flexibility in work schedule to support offices located in different time zones. Must have facility with commonly used social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and others. Candidates should possess an excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with online research databases and competitive intelligence systems; Experience with proposal generation systems is a plus. Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Writing, Journalism or English is required. J.D. is a plus.
Schnader is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact: Qualified candidates should forward a resume, cover letter, salary requirement and two writing samples, one of which must be a successful response to an RFP (with people and entities redacted) and the other should be an example of marketing collateral, such as a law firm brochure or on line content, to Debra OConnor by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to 215-972-7227.