Opportunity Finance Network is seeking a Chief External Affairs Officer.
National Organization leading Community Investment: This is a new, leadership position to manage outward-facing work and to help position the organization for new opportunities. Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is the leading national network of community development financial institutions (CDFIs), private financial intermediaries creating opportunities for low-income, low-wealth, and other disadvantaged people and places. CDFIs support economic growth in distressed markets across the US. Over the past 30 years, the opportunity finance industry has provided more than $30 billion in financing in urban, rural, and native markets to support job creation, small business growth, quality affordable housing, and community facilities such as child care and charter schools.
OFN offers an array of financial, training, consulting, and other products and services to CDFIs, investors, and funders, and OFN is the industrys leading voice on federal policy. OFNs mission is to lead CDFIs and their partners to ensure that low-income, low-wealth, and other disadvantaged people and communities have access to responsible, affordable financial products and services. OFNs network includes loan funds, banks, credit unions, and equity funds. OFN is currently partnering with Starbucks through Create Jobs for USA to help create and sustain jobs across the country.
Based in Philadelphia, PA, OFN is on the web at: www.opportuntityfinance.net.<http://www.opportuntityfinance.net./>
OFN has created the Chief External Affairs Officer (CEAO) to ensure clear, consistent messaging between OFN and its members, investors, funders, as well as the media, marketing audiences, policy makers, and opinion shapers. S/he will serve as a spokesperson to diverse audiences on a wide range of topics and issues. This position manages the three OFN Executive Vice Presidents responsible for key external activities of OFN. The CEAO will serve with the COO and the CFO as a member of the CEOs Strategic Leadership Team and will work as a thought partner to the President and CEO. S/he will also serve on the COOs Executive Team, which is responsible for enterprise-wide execution and coordination.
- 10+ years of public/ private sector experience in external affairs for diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated achievement creating and articulating strategic plans for initiatives
- Prior experience in positions leading collaborative entities or projects, leading campaigns and high-profile national initiatives, and driving multi-functional tasks to successful delivery
- Experience developing and advocating for federal policy
- Experience communicating to diverse audiences regarding financial industry issues
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizational management, philanthropy and CDFIs
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing, communications, and public relations
Contact: Please send expressions of interest by 7.15.2012 to: Leadership Recruiters at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> (designate OFN)