Immaculata University is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Vice President for Marketing.
Immaculata University located 20 miles west of Philadelphia, PA, is a private Catholic comprehensive institution serving approximately 4000 students in its undergraduate and graduate colleges.
Position: The Vice President is responsible for providing strategic and creative direction to the university’s marketing efforts. The VP is charged with planning, coordinating, and managing the University’s marketing initiatives, utilizing current technology to effectively communicate the University’s mission to its constituencies and ensure the overall continuity of institutional brand consistency and image. The VP will be responsible to develop and implement an integrated strategic market plan and for the oversight and direction of promotions, market research, and on-line services.
The Vice President for Marketing is responsible to:
• Direct all aspects of the marketing and public relations efforts for the university,
• Promote the image of the university and its various programs by using market research data to determine the most effective techniques and approaches for reaching target audiences
• Collaborate with the Institutional Research office to identify relevant research to support and inform marketing and communication initiatives and document related outcomes
• Oversee the development of information campaigns to communicate and strengthen the image and reputation of the university
• Provide creative leadership to develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan that enhances the visibility of the University, emphasizing the University’s unique brand and fully integrating campus image delivery
• Collaborate with the Athletics and Recreation Department to support marketing and communication initiatives.
• Advise enrollment teams to develop strategic marketing plans that maximize student enrollments and other revenue campaigns.
• Monitor all university communications and internally produced publications to ensure consistency in promoting the university’s image.
• Develop and effectively manage department and project budgets, re-evaluating their appropriateness based upon strategic objectives.
• Provide leadership to use effectively all current technology in the development, design, implementation, and editorial direction for the electronic web site, digital, and video communications.
• Monitor and assess the appropriateness of emerging communications trends, technologies and strategies and adopt these techniques as appropriate.
• Maintain a close working relationship with the university’s Leadership Team
• Be aware of the various happenings on campus, and provide the necessary marketing and public relations support to university sponsored events.
• Advise the president and other key administrators regarding effective communications strategies on matters of importance to the University.
• Assume responsibility for the maintenance of university-wide graphics standards, production of a wide variety of publications for both internal and external publications and for the University’s presence on the web.
• Serve as the chief media contact and university spokesperson for crisis management communications or assign this responsibility as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field
• Minimum of seven years progressively responsible management-level experience in strategic marketing, public relations, and technology working with multiple publics, preferably in higher education
Applications will be accepted until April 15. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and five professional references. Salary requirement must be included in the cover letter. Responses should be sent electronically to VPsearch@immaculata.edu. EOE