The Lansdale Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA), www.lansdalecpa.org seeks a PR/Communications Intern between March and August 14th, 2009. This individual would work directly with the Marketing Committee and Center management team.
- Able to work 20 hours per week
- Interest in the cultural arts
- Strong communications skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Integrated PR and marketing orientation
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized with strong follow-up skills
- Project management skills and multi-tasking skills a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point very helpful
- Write press releases and news alerts about Center happenings and Calendar of Events
- Distribute press releases/alerts via email using a segmented and multi-venue media list
- Maintain and continue to build the LCPA media list
- Follow-up press release/media alert distribution where appropriate with phone calls in order to improve media outlet placement rate
- Assist with the development of a segmented patron database for Email Marketing/e-blast distribution
- Maintain files of all press articles that appear in area publications and other media outlets
- Participate in meetings with various TV/cable, radio and print media companies where appropriate
Compensation includes a stipend.
Contact: Interested candidates should e-mail cover letter, two writing samples, resume and professional and personal references to: Anne Coutts., Business Manager, email@example.com. PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!